Thursday 21 July 2011

Are you known?

I was recently challenged by Acts 19. The sons of Sceva were using the name of Jesus and of Paul in a futile attempt to overcome evil. The demons said " Jesus we know and Paul we know, but who are you?" I asked myself "do the forces of evil know who I am?" If they do not know me it is because I am of no significance to them, I present no challenge to their evil works.
I am determined, with Gods mighty help, to stand firm and declare the salvation of God through Jesus Christ. I will not rant and rave at satan but seek to stand and keep standing protected by God's spiritual armour. Thinking and speaking out the word of God and humbly obeying and submitting to His will for my life.
By Gods grace I will not give satan a foot hold for that is the first step to him establishing a stronghold. By God's Holy Spirit I will be such an obstacle to satan that every demon in hell will know my name and quake, not because of me but because of Jesus Christ who lives in and through me.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Could you please comment on some of the ways we might give such "foot hold"? Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete