Friday 21 October 2011

Lay Hold of Scripture (1)

I am sure that we all go through times when it is all too easy to take our eyes from God and give way to feelings. At such times I often find help in personalising scripture. For instance: ( Philip 4, 4-9)
I am determined to be joyful and content in the Lord at all times and in all situations and to be gentle in spirit. Lord God, you have promised to be with me always. You are always true to your word therefore I have no reason to be anxious about anything.
I need constant help with this Lord. You know my heart is full of sincere thanks and gratitude that, because of all that Jesus has done, I can talk to you directly and request your help and guidance.
I truly believe that your peace, which is far beyond my human understanding, will guard my heart and mind as I remain in communion with Christ Jesus. I try to think only of those things which are true and pure and pleasing to you. I am seeking your Holy Spirits enabling to look for, think about, say and put into practice those words and actions that are encouraging and constructive to those around me and (Phil 4,11) I am learning to be content whatever the circumstances because (1 Tim 6,6) Godliness with contentment is great gain. May I do all to the Glory of your name, amen.

2 comments:

  1. so wonderful, brother, just from the heart... blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for support. I can only trust God to use personal thoughts to bless others.

    ReplyDelete