Wednesday 26 October 2011

Lay hold of scripture (2)

 
A morning prayer from  Ephesians 6.
Today Lord may I be strengthened by your mighty power. I am getting dressed in your spiritual armor so that I can take my stand against all that is ungodly. I understand my struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the powers of evil in this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Therefore I put on your armor, so that when trials and tribulations come I may be able to firmly stand my ground. I buckle the belt of truthfulness around my waist. I put on the breastplate of your righteousness  to keep my heart attitudes pure.
My shoes are the gospel of your peace so that wherever I go may I tread peacefully.
In addition to all this, I take up the shield of faith, with which I can divert all the wrong and negative attitudes and feelings of the evil one. Your word tells me that you, the Lord God almighty, you are my shield. Wow! think about that.
  On my head I place the helmet of Christ’s salvation; for the wonderful knowledge of your salvation brings me into communion with God the Father, assures me of your presence, confirms my future and guards my mind from unholy thoughts.
 In my hand I take the sword of the Spirit, which is the Holy word of your power.
Lord please enable me to be alert to the needs around me and to spread the good news of your gospel in word and deed and to remain in a constant state of prayer
May I take every opportunity to encourage and build up those I make contact with in the hope that they may see something of Jesus in me and perhaps respond to the good news of His gospel. Amen.
“This is the day that the Lord has made; I WILL rejoice and be glad in it”.

No comments:

Post a Comment